A NOTE DESCRIBING THE NATURE OF ISSUES RAISED BY FDU INKINGI AND VICTOIRE INGABIRE UMUHOZA
- Between 01/10/1990 to 31/12/1994, genocide against the Tutsi was carried out in Rwanda . This genocide was prepared and executed by the state, sustained by the government of the time, the national army (ex-FAR) and other militaristic militias such as MRND’s Interahamwe, CDR’s Impuzamugambi and others.
- The national army that carried out the genocide (ex-FAR) was led by General BIZIMUNGU Augustin, while the government that executed it was led by SINDIKUBWABO Theodore (then President of the Republic) together with KAMBANDA Jean (then Prime Minister).
- After the RPF Inkotanyi defeated the army that was carrying out the genocide and put an end to it, a new government was formed with among the main objectives to reinstall the unity of Rwandans, thus the new Government was named the Government of National Unity (GoNU).
- After the defeat, the Rwandan army (ex-FAR) and the government of the time sought refuge in different countries, mainly in the Democratic Republic of Congo (former Zaire), Tanzania and Belgium, from where they continued their evil activities aimed at disrupting Rwanda’s security and spreading the genocide ideology.
- Since the end of 1994, the perpetrators of the Tutsi genocide in Rwanda initiated meetings aimed at finding ways and means to fight and possibly toppling the leadership that had stopped the genocide. These meetings were organized and held in refugee camps around the world, mainly in Bukavu and Goma (DRC).
- FOUNDING RDR: on 29/03/1995, in Mugunga (DRC) was founded a “Rally for the Return of the Refugees and Democracy in Rwanda ” (RDR) and political and military principles were defined in order to regain power in Rwanda by force. The meeting was chaired by the perpetrators of the genocide in Rwanda , including Gen. BIZIMUNGU Augustin (Chairman), Lt. Col. BEM. BAHUFITE Juvenal, Col. MURASAMPONGO Joseph, Mjr. CGSC NTBAKUZE Aloys (Secretary).
Present in the meeting were people such as Amb. KANYARUSHOKI Claver, NZABAHIMANA Francois, NDEREYEHE Charles, NGENDAHIMANA Aloys, RUKEBESHA Aloys and NGENDAHAYO Jean Marie Vianney. Most of the meeting attendees had been involved in the preparation and execution of the genocide against the Tutsi in Rwanda .
- The meting decided that.
- A rally replacing the Abatabazi government (Interim Government) was established but had to continue the government agenda. Nobody from the former government was to appear openly in the new leadership so as to avoid exposure as they had been associated with the genocide;
- Ex-FAR members were not to sign as the Rally founder members, instead they had to immediately issue a supporting communiqué;
- The rally was called the RDR (Rally for the Return of Refugees and democracy in Rwanda ) and its statutes were approved;
- An Executive Committee was appointed with NZABAHIMANA Francois as President and KANYARUSHOKI Claver as Vice President;
- A Coordination Committee was also appointed with NZABAHIMANA Francois as President and Gen. BIYIMUNGU Augustin as Vice President. Others included Amb. KANYARUSHOKI Claver, Col. RENZAHO Tharcisse, Col. BEMSG NTIWIRAGABO Aloys, Brig. KABIRIGI Gratien.
- Prime Minister KAMBANDA Jean and President SINDIKUBWABO Theodore remained RDR members but were not to hold any leadership role so as not to be exposed internationally;
- Interahamwe militias were to be integrated into the army (ex-FAR) and were to have military training so that past mistakes could be avoided.
- The meeting that founded the RDR was attended by some Belgian parliamentarians including Thierry DETIENNE (Green) as was reported by “La Lettre du RDR, Nr. 6-7 of 1st to 15 April 1996, pp. 4-5”.
- The day after the meeting, on 04/04/1995, in Mugunga refugee camp in DRC, a communiqué was issued from ex-FAR Headquarters stating that:
- “We, the National Army in exile, have learned with joy that the RDR has been formed and publicly declare that we support RDR’s vision and objectives as they are”.
- The Communiqué was signed by some of those who had been in the meeting that founded the RDR the previous day such as Gen. BIZIMUNGU Augustin, Brig. Gen. KABIRIGI Gratien, Col. MURASAMPONGO Joseph, Lt. Col. BEM BAHUFITE Juvenal, Mjr. CGSC NTABAKUZE Aloys,…
- The creation of RDR did not please the Abatabazi Government and it started hindering and opposing its activities.
- The resulting misunderstandings led to the split between the ex-FAR and the Government in exile. In a communiqué issued in Bukavu on 29/04/1995, ex-FAR stated that from that date, they disassociated themselves from the Government in exile and that that from then on, they were together wit the RDR whom they shared the vision and objectives. It was decided that ministers from the government hand over to RDR all the documents and other items they were managing on behalf of the refugees.
- THE FIRST RDR CONGRESS: 5-8/2/1996 in Bukavu (DRC); the RDR plan of action as prepared by the 29/04/1994: Mugunga meeting and the committee of President NZABAHIMANA Francois and Vice President Amb. KANAYARUSHOKI Claver was confirmed.
- RDR SECOND CONGRESS; 22-23/08/1998 in Paris [ France ]. A political program was adopted and a new Coordination Committee was elected for a two years mandate with NDEREYEHE Charles as President, Amb. KANYARUSHOKI Claver, Vice President. The two had been among RDR founder members in April 1995 in DRC – Mugunga and Bukavu-.
- As evidenced by several INGABIRE Victoire’s own writings while in exile, during this Paris RDR 2nd Congress, it was decided that RDR changes its name into Republican Rally for Democracy in Rwanda = RDR as a political party= instead of Rally for the Return of Refugees and Democracy in Rwanda as a forum to exchange ideas.
RELATIONSHIPS/SIMILARITIES BETWEEN THE RDR OF MUGUNGA AND BUKAVU, THE RDR FOUNDED IN PARIS =FRANCE AND VICTOIRE INGABIRE UMUHOZA
- The RDR name as a political party that started to be used in 1998 was no different from the one that was founded in Mugunga and Bukavu in April 1995 “as an organization aimed at repatriating the refugees” whether in objectives or practices. The two RDR existed; INGABIRE Victoire Umuhoza has been a member of both and represented them in The Netherlands between 1998-2000.
- RDR that was formed in Bukavu and Mugunga in DRC through meetings and Congresses, but the RDR that was formed in Paris was not a result of any meeting of the kind. The meeting that established the new RDR was named the RDR 2nd Congress; the meeting was chaired by the same RDR leaders; the mode of organization was the RDR usual one; the program and objectives were the same; the only change was the definition of its name from the Rally for the Return of Refugees and Democracy in Rwanda to Republican Rally for Democracy in Rwanda.
- RDR 3RD CONGRESS; 17-19/08/2000 in Bonn, Germany. INGABIRE Victoire Umuhoza was elected President and NYEMERA Emmanuel Vice President for a two years mandate. INGABIRE Victoire Umuhoza was not new in RDR as shown above. She already headed RDR Holland. RDR members appreciated her commitment and in recognition she was promoted to lead RDR all over the world.
- RDR 4TH CONGRESS; 22/03/2003 Bonn, Germany. RDR as a political party, website www.rdrwanda.org, its president remained INGABIRE Victoire Umuhoza. As it appears in her own writing in “Rwanda Rwacu” Nr 00m November 2000, she acknowledged that RDR was created in Mugunga as a rally with the objective of repatriating the refugees and that it had now turned into a political party she was leading.
- The newsletter “Rwanda Rwacu”, in its Nr 04, March 2001, Editorial, it is said “in RDR we are committed to fight until peace is brought back in Rwanda . In this peace the issue of those who chose to use arms must be taken into account in our objectives”.
- In April 2000, INGABIRE Victoire Umuhoza issued a communiqué in UFDR name, Holland section, also representing RDR. The address used was POSTBUS 3124 2280 GC RIJSWIJK. Today in 2010 when one consults the website www.fdu-rwanda.org of the FDU-UDF Inkingi political party headed by INGABIRE Victoire Umuhoza, one finds the following address contact UDF INKINGI, POSTBUS 3124 2280GC RIJSWIJK Netherlands . This shows that the two political parties are actually the same, despite their different names.
THE BIRTH OF UFDR (Rwandan Democratic Forces Union )
- On 20/09/1998 in Brussels, Belgium, a coalition called UFDR was created bringing together the FRD (Resistance Forces for Democracy of NDAHAYO Eugene who used to be in former Prime Minister Faustin TWAGIRAMUNGU’s office), RDR (Republican Rally for Democracy in Rwanda led by NDEREYEHE Charles and Initiative Group for Reconciliation. Faustin TWAGIRAMUNGU was elected UFDR President and RDR NDEREYEHE Charles was elected Vice President.
- UFDR continued its activities but its leadership kept changing due to changes within the groups that made it.
THE CREATION OF UDF-FDU (United Democratic Forces) Inkingi
- On 29/04/2006 in Brussels, Belgium , UFDR (United Democratic Forces of Rwanda changed its name into the United Democratic Forces-UDF, changing its membership and leadership.
- UDF was founded by ADR ISANGANO (Rwandan Democratic Alliance Isangano) led by Jean Baptiste MBERABAHIZI and Dr NKIKO NSENGIMANA; FRD (Resistance Forces for Democracy) led by Dr NDAHAYO Eugene and RDR (Republican Democratic Rally) led by INGABIRE Victoire Umuhoza.
- Article one of FDU Inkigi program is “To put an end to the current constitution in force in Rwanda ”. This clearly shows that UDF members and those who want to join it are not concerned and do not seek to build, but are instead aiming at toppling the current regime and destroying the country, as they do not accept the laws in force in the country (UDF Political Program, 2009).
- This is confirmed by the publication in “Rwanda Rwacu” newsletter Nr 04, March 2001, where it is said that “In RDR we are committed to fight to bring back peace in Rwanda including for the issue of those who chose to take up arms”.
RDR, INGABIRE VICTOIRE UMUHOZA AND UDF INKINGI
- There is no difference between RDR (Rally for the Return of Refugees and Democracy in Rwanda) founded in Mugunga and Bulavu in DRC in 1995, RDR (republican Rally for Democracy in Rwanda) founded in Paris-France in 1998 led by INGABIRE Victoire Umuhoza since 2000 to date and UDF Inkingi born in 2006 in Bonn led by INGABIRE Victoire Umuhoza who leads RDR also member of UDF Inkingi.
- It is therefore cleat that UDF Inkingi is the RDR created in Mugunga and Bukavu that changes the name. To accept that FDU Inkingi operates as a recognized political party in Rwanda would be a venue to spread the genocide ideology while entrenching it in Rwanda and around the world.
- Before she was promoted to UDF Inkingi leadership, INGABIRE Victoire Umuhoza had been elected to lead RDR branch in The Netherlands before she was chosen to lead it on the international level.
- Before Ignace MURWANASHYAKA was chosen to overall lead FDLR as a political party with a military wing operating mainly from the DRC, he was the head of RDR in Germany as INGABIRE Victoire was its head in The Netherlands.
- Since 2006, UDF Inkingi led by INGABIRE Victoire Umuhoza tried all they could to create an armed force like the FDLR. It thus that UDF Inkingi started the process of creating the Coalition of Democratic Forces CDF with a base in DRC. Some of the organizers have been arrested and confessed to it here in Rwanda .
- On international level, INGABIRE Victoire Umuhozq qnd Jean Baptiste MBERABAHIZI utilized FDLR battalions Commanders who had defected from FDLR (Democratic Forces for the Liberation of Rwanda) and they created another military group they called Coalition of Democratic Forces CDF in view of destabilizing Rwanda ’s security and its administration mainly during elections.
- After they finalized the project, they started sending money to CDF elements so that they could buy military equipment, recruit more elements and train them so that could carry out their objectives. Some of those directly involved have been arrested and confessed to it before courts and trials have begun.
INGABIRE VICTOIRE UMUHOZA AND UDF IN RWANDA : GENOCIDE IDEOLOGY
- Since INGABIRE Victoire Umuhoza entered into politics, she has made several declarations. She has been claiming through newspapers, and interviews on radios and televisions that two genocides occurred in Rwanda , one against the Tutsi and another against the Hutu. INGABIRE Victoire Umuhoza continuously sustained that Hutus are not provided with space to remember their relatives victim of genocide committed by RPF and that RPF soldiers who were involved are not prosecuted.
- INGABIRE Victoire Umuhowa has repeatedly uttered words likely to divide Rwandans where she has sustained that Rwanda ’s government is made of a small clique that oppresses the bigger majority of the population, thus calling for this bigger majority for revenge.
- On 16/01/2010 INGABIRE Victoire Umuhoza arrived in Rwanda fro; The Netherlands. As she had always said before, she did not come to establish a new party in Rwanda , but she came to get registered an existing political party called UDF Inkingi.
- On 16/01/2010, INGABIRE Victoire Umuhoza visited the Tutsi genocide memorial at Gisozi. After the visit, she claimed she had only seen Tutsi bones but she did not any from Hutus. Such understanding and statements minimizing the genocide of Tutsis are in contradiction with rules regulating political parties and politicians in Rwanda and are punished by the law against genocide ideology and other laws.
- Since February 2010 to date, INGABIRE Victoire Umuhoza has been trying to organize a meeting and register UDF Inkingi political party in Rwanda in vain, but in all her writings, she calls herself the President of UDF Inkingi.
Posted by rwandaises.com